27 March 2009

The poetry of bats is hushed and light

Print of paper collage by angelique, 6 x 6 in.

They wait,
whisper awake
as the fruit cools,
as the sonar song falls
over their dreams like a lover’s arms
and pushes them toward the twilight.
Their eyelids snap up,
they glide on black wings
out of the safe, into the fat nightbugs.
Scientists are baffled by a mysterious condition that has killed tens of thousands of bats in the northeastern United States since winter 2006-2oo7. A Science Strategy meeting will be held in June 2009 to address the situation.
Now in my Etsy shop SugarCain.

5 comments:

DeadpanAlley said...

I love your bats... i can't get "fat nightbugs" out of my mind....

fat nightbugs...
fat nightbugs...
fatnightbugs
FATNIGHTBUGSFATNIGHTBUGSFATNIGHTBUGS!!!

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

*goes mad*

K @ Blog Goggles said...

Poor bats! :(

Flor Larios Art said...

Hi,
Your art is interesting and cool!
I like your banner!
Flor

Kyndra said...

Bats.......a woman after my own heart. And the art shows everything perfect about bats that exists within the human halloween imagination. Good Job. Make it a book. I would buy for my little monster.

Kyndra

"Blog Artists" said...

I LOVE these...they're adorable...if bats looked like this I wouldn't mind having them dart around my head at dusk!