31 March 2009

A treasury and a team

I was so surprised today to find out that my little paperbat was featured in a treasury on Etsy. Liese at Deadpan Alley curated the treasury, and it has one of my favorite themes: bats. If I was told that I could choose one item, I don't know if I could do it. Click on the graphic below to see the actual treasury while it lasts.My other news is that I'm now a member of the Etsy's Dark Side Street Team. I'm really excited about it. Etsy's Dark Side, a group of talented Etsy artists, craftspeople, and designers, offers a huge variety of products with a dark twist. I do occasionally produce some perky little doll or drawing, but most of my work is lightly dark; darkly light. Irony makes me feel real. I belong on this team. And belonging is not something that is all that familiar to me, so that's fun.

The team can be found at scads of places on the web. MySpace, Facebook, Ning, Twitter, Blogspot... wherever you are, I'll bet there's a team member too. I will tell you more places to see Etsy Dark Team members and art very soon. Click on my draft business card to see some of our listings:
I'm still trying to become competent in Photoshop. Pea will answer any questions I have, but most of what I do is by accident. Let's see... wonder what this will do? In other words, I don't know what questions to ask. I still try to do everything the hard way, even though I know that there must be an easier way.

I am working on some little paper girls. Bats included, as well as a punky little catgirl, a cicadagirl, and a devilgirl. And witchies (=very small witches)! I plan to put a few in the SugarCain Etsy shop this week and finish others this coming weekend. They are multi-purpose girls; they can be used for whatever you can think of: scrapbooks, framing, broaches, bookmarks, gifts, tags, cards... You could even make accessories for them and give them for a gift. Because they are made of layers of paper and sealed with varnish, they are actually surprisingly sturdy. They look particularly cute standing up against a stack of books or tucked in the frame of a mirror. I'm trying to decide whether to put a little loop for hanging on some of them, but I'm thinking they'll look a little too much like car air-fresheners.

The one on the top left I call Charlotte. I am completely enamored of her. She's my mascot.

P.S. Oh... and I finally found Heather. She wasn't lost. It was one of those email things. Her package is on its way to her first thing tomorrow, thanks to Exley, who offered to drop it off.

4 comments:

Flor Larios Art said...

Congratulations!
Wish you the best with your sales...
Flor

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

hope the added advertisement translates to big sales!

one day I will be able to buy lots and lots of fun pendants to use in my work - Edgar Allen Poe Zombie? Too good!

Thanks for being a loyal Enchanted Revelry follower!

Woodsman said...

Glad to see you have finally gone over to the dark side. I do some of my best work in the Dark

DeadpanAlley said...

are you gonna make them into ACEO's? 'cause I think you should...
it's too bad you live so far away. we could open a bottle of wine and make tiny art together sometime.

tiny wine inspired drawings.

doot.