28 July 2009

My Dark Series


I have hit a bad patch and don't feel much like waxing poetic. Today my friend Cecile, who is from France, called it a dark series. That is exactly what I'm going through: a dark series. It sounds like a fantasy trilogy, and it feels a little like that too.

Ian Aspen's Really Good Thinking today was about being grateful. I realized that I've been so tied up with everything that's not working for me right now that I haven't stopped to look at it from the other side: Many things in my life are just fine. Still, it is a bit difficult for me to see it that way at the moment.

Go on over to Ian's blog if you are interested in increasing the quality of your life, reaching out to the world, and decreasing your stress level. I'm taking what he says very seriously, and while pondering it today I realized that I have lost the habit of looking at things from a positive perspective. And that's not the person I want to be.

So I have some work to do on myself. Big surprise.

Thanks, Ian, for the well-considered post you shared today. I'm sure I'm not the only one you've challenged. I'm grateful for how you made me think.


5 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I am a big believer in the power of positive thinking. And, even if things aren't ALL going my way, I can pinpoint some that are and make the resolve to try to reverse the others. I just always say to myself, "It'll be okay, it'll be okay."

dragonflies on lamp posts said...

I too think positive thinking really can make it all right -

I also see the need to have some time to wallow in the darkness too, I think it lets us appreciate the light more.

The Green Stone Woman said...

Sometimes you need to wallow in the dark for a couple of days before you can come out and look at the positive side of things again. Don't judge yourself too harshly. We can't be optimists all the time. Sometimes the glass is damn near empty and it takes a bit of effort to get it half full again.You hang in there, it will be alright. Take your time and don't suffer because you don't see the silver lining yet.

powdergirl said...

I'm a typical Scorpio in that I like the lows because the following highs are pretty intense.
We've all got our own little quirks, hey?

Naturally I recommend walking hard and fast in order to shake whatever pulls you down : )

ackstay said...

I know how you feel... or I can relate. Check out my latest blog on "Seduced by Life and Depression" http://ackstay.blogspot.com I believe it is a view from inside.
Be well,
Sara